While the record $1.58 billion Mega Millions jackpot was won in Florida,13 New Jerseyans won prizes of $10,000 and $20,000 in Tuesday night’s drawing.
The New Jersey Lottery announced that 10 tickets matched four of the five white balls and the Mega Ball to win third-tier $10,000 prizes and four others had the Megaplier to win $20,000.
Here is a look at where the tickets were sold:
- Ocean County, Manchester at Exxon on Commonwealth Boulevard
- Lotto.com, headquarters in Jersey City
- Jackpocket, NJ office in Hewitt
- Camden County, Clementon at Royal Farms on Blackwood Clementon Road
- Gloucester County, Williamstown at Wawa on Glassboro Road
- Monmouth County, Matawan at Lakeside Food Store on Main Street
- Morris County, Cedar Knolls at Greater Morristown Shoprite on East Hanover Avenue
- Ocean County, Barnegat at Quick Food Mart North Main Street
- Ocean County, Little Egg Harbor at Louna Liquors on Route 9 South
- Passaic County, Wayne at Tont Service Station on Hamburg Turnpike
- Somerset County, Bernardsville at Shop Rite on Morristown Road
- Union County, Elizabeth at Pereira’s Liquors on Morris Avenue
- Jackpocket, NJ office in Hewitt
In addition, 240 New Jerseyans matched four of the five white balls to win $500 prizes with 31 of those tickets having the Megaplier option to win $1,000.
Overall, 340,079 lottery players in New Jersey won at total of $1,341,856 in prizes in Tuesday night’s drawing.
The Mega Millions winning numbers drawn on Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2023 were: 13 – 19 – 20 – 32 – 33 and Megaball 14. The Megaplier was 2x.
Looking for an edge?These Mega Millions numbers are drawn the most
When is next Mega Millions drawing?
Mega Millions drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m.
How do I play Mega Millions?
The cost is $2 per ticket, but you can add the Megaplier for $1, which will increase the amount of your potential prize up to five times the original prize (except for the jackpot).
Each player selects five numbers from 1 to 70 for the white balls and one number from 1 to 25 for the Mega Ball. However, you can also have the lottery machine generate a random Quick Pick for you. You don’t need to be a U.S. citizen or a resident of a particular state where you purchase your ticket.
How many balls do I need to match for Mega Millions prize?
You can win $2 for matching just one – the Mega Ball. Short of the jackpot, you can win up to $1 million for matching all five white balls (except in California).
Where can I play Mega Millions?
You can play the game in 45 states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The states not offering Mega Millions are: Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada and Utah.
Many grocery stores, gas stations and convenience stores sell lottery tickets. Some states allow Mega Millions tickets to be purchased online, but beware of scam websites. Check with your state lottery for more details.
NJ lottery:Where does all the ticket sales money go?
What is deadline for buying Mega Millions tickets?
The deadline for purchasing a Mega Millions ticket varies by state so don’t wait until the last minute. It can be 15 minutes to an hour or more before the actual drawing. For some third-party lottery apps, the deadline can be closer to two hours before the drawing. For example, Jackpocket in New Jersey has a deadline of 9:15 p.m. for the 11 p.m. ET drawing.
What are my odds of winning the lottery?
Playing the Mega Millions can be exciting, but just don’t go spending those millions before you win.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 302,575,350-to-1. The odds to match all five white balls are 12,607,306-to-1.
What are the Top 10 Mega Millions jackpots?
Here are the Top 10 Mega Millions jackpots ever:
- $1.58 billion, Aug. 8, 2023:
- $1.537 billion, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.348 billion, Jan. 13, 2023: Won in Maine
- $1.337 billion: July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia
- $543 million, July 24, 2018: Won in California
- $536 million, July 8, 20116: Won in Indiana
- $533 million: March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey
Top 10 largest U.S. lottery jackpots ever
Here’s a look at the top jackpots won in the United States, between the Powerball and the Mega Millions lotteries:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 7, 2022: California
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.58 billion, Mega Millions, Aug. 8, 2023:
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.348 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2022: Won in Maine
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.08 billion, Powerball, July 19, 2023: Won in California
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin