Cheesy garlic asparagus stuffed chicken in a lemon butter sauce is the most delicious way to get your veggies in.
Believe it or not, our Asparagus Stuffed Chicken recipe is loved by the whole family! Why? Garlic smothered asparagus gets stuffed inside juicy chicken breasts with mozzarella cheese, baked in lemon butter and is ready in no time at all!
asparagus stuffed chicken recipe
With the abundance of fresh asparagus right now, this asparagus stuffed chicken recipe comes to you just in time! Seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, herbs, paprika, salt and pepper, you will love the flavours coming out of this pan.
The best part? You’re only a few ingredients away to make this low carb greatness. If you’re sick of the same old, dried out chicken breast recipes, add a mouth-watering twist to your weekly menu and stuff them with cheesy asparagus.
HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE
- Preheat Oven: We recommend anywhere between 350-400F. For this stuffed chicken recipe we went with 400F.
- Season the chicken: Place the chicken on a clean chopping board and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Create a pocket in the chicken: Start cutting each one lengthwise to create the pockets. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Start with the top thick part of the breast as shown in the how-to video down below.
- Stuff the chicken: Add 3 springs of asparagus and a couple of pieces of sun-dried tomatoes to a mozzarella slice, then roll it to hold them inside. Stuff the chicken breasts with it. Close the pocket with a toothpick.
- Cook on skillet: Heat oil in a large and cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add in the chicken and sear it until nicely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Bake: Finally, bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Enjoy!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients :
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast
Swiss or Mozzarella cheese
Garlic powder (to taste)
Onion powder (to taste)
Paprika (to taste)
Italian seasoning (to taste)
Salt and black pepper
Asparagus spears, trimmed
Panko bread crumbs (optional)