- 3 cups leftover brown or white rice cooked
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder, paprika and garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 large whole egg, beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 medium scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- oil spray
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 4 tsp soy sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce, (or more soy sauce)
In a bowl, season shrimp with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a hot wok, over medium high heat, spray a little oil and cook the eggs, when cooked, remove from pan and set aside, 1 to 2 minutes.
Increase the heat to high, when hot add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 1-2 minutes.
Add shrimp and saute until no longer translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add rice and leave in the skillet to let the bottom brown, 2 to 3 minutes, stir and add the egg, soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing well for about 2 minutes.
Add greens of the scallions and serve.
We added extra grilled colossal shrimp on top.