This Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato Casserole Recipe brings back fond memories of the past but still stands the test of time and LOVED to this day. What more can you ask for than yummy and easy comfort food?
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb skinless smoked sausage (Eckrich is my favorite brand)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
1. Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2″ pieces. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to slightly brown.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F
3. Place potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
4. Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (stir constantly.) Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat.
5. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top. Bake for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!