- 1 lb peeled, cleaned and deveined crawfish tail meat
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3/4 cup ripe, chopped and drained tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 loaf French bread
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Rinse the crawfish. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and crawfish. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
In a bowl, mix together the cheeses, mayonnaise and parsley. Add the tomato and crawfish mixture to the mayo mixture.
Cut the loaf of bread in half and then cut the bread lengthwise. Spoon the mixture on the bread and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Then broil for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Watch closely, as not to burn. Cut the bread into individual portions.