2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt, or sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons of melted and cooled slightly butter, (or you can use water if you don’t like butter)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 – 3 teaspoons cream or milk (as needed for consistency)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F then butter or spray a glass loaf pan.
2. Whisk in a small bowl the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar then set aside.
3. Pick a large bowl this time and whisk in together the egg, milk, vanilla, and yogurt or sour cream then add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir with a spoon just until combined. Once done, pour into the prepared loaf pan.
4. Stir the Swirl ingredients together in a small bowl. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the top of the bread and swirl a knife a couple of times into the batter. (Make sure not to overmix it).
5. Bake until the center tests done with a toothpick, for about 45 to 50 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven; let cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack then tranfer it to a rack to cool completely.
7. To make the Glaze, you should whisk the ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth then add a dab of milk at a time until a good drizzling consistency is reached. Once the bread is thouroghly cool, you should drizzle the glaze.