“Chocolatey coconut cookie bars with a graham cracker crust, great for people with a sweet tooth.”
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; remove from heat and stir in the sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until slightly firm, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the coconut and condensed milk together in a bowl; spread over the baked crust and return to oven for 12 minutes more. Set aside to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Stir the almonds into the melted chocolate; spread evenly over the cooled coconut layer. Allow to cool until the chocolate sets.