FOR THE BROWNIES:
– 1 box (18.3 oz.) fudge brownie mix
FOR THE TOPPING:
– 1 bar (4 oz.) German chocolate bar, finely chopped
– 4 tbsp. ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
– 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
– 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 1 tub (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
– Chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips, for decorating (optional)
– Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
– Microwave the German chocolate pieces with the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
– To the melted chocolate mixture, beat in the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until combined. Fold in half (8 oz.) of the whipped topping.
– Spread the French silk filling over the cooled brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
– Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.