Who doesn’t like a good old-fashioned chicken and potato dinner? Make your life easier by roasting chicken and young potatoes in a single pan with garlic. This healthful chicken meal is cooked with flavorful, juicy, and tender chicken thighs, as well as baby potatoes that have been seasoned with fresh herbs. Furthermore, it takes just 10 minutes to prepare on a single sheet pan (there are no additional dishes!). Simply throw everything together, put it in the oven, then sit back and watch the magic happen. Everything about this dish is simple and wonderful.
The fact that it’s excellent and quick to prepare makes it one of my go-to recipes, and it’s very useful when I have friends around. It’s kind of for the same exact reason as before. And if you have a large number of guests, you can simply double or quadruple the recipe, which will effectively feed an army. I like to serve this with a large salad to give my supper a healthy dose of vegetables.
• You will need the following ingredients to prepare this simple sheet pan chicken dinner:
– Hall a stick.Of salted butter.
– Chicken leg quarters, I used 6, separated into thighs and drumsticks.
– Yukon Gold potatoes, I used 6 large-sized cuts into cubes.
– 4 unpeeled cloves.Of garlic.
– Ground black pepper and salt, to taste.
– ¼ Cup.Of maple syrup.
• This sheet pan chicken supper may be prepared in just a few simple steps, as follows:
– Step 1: To start, you need to turn the temp of the oven to 400 degrees (200 degrees C).
– Step 2: In a roasting pan, melt the butter over low heat until melted, then the chicken drumsticks and thighs, potatoes, and unpeeled garlic cloves should all be placed in the roasting pan after the butter has been melted and swirled to coat the bottom.
– Step 3: Next, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then turn the chicken, potatoes, and garlic to coat with the butter mixture.
– Step 4: And now, continue to bake for about 40 minutes, basting the chicken with pan drippings three times during this time. The chicken should be no longer pink inside and the juices clear.
– Step 5: Using a pastry brush, apply maple syrup on the chicken pieces and spread pan drippings over the potatoes.
– Step 6: Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken and potatoes are tender and browned.
– Step 7: At this point, you need to insert your thermometer into the thick part of the cooked thigh and once it detects 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is ready to assemble!!
– Step 8: Slice the baked garlic cloves into thin slices and spread the soft garlic all over the chicken to serve as a sauce, and to finish, spread the sauce over the chicken and potatoes.
• RECIPE NOTES:
– Garlic roasted chicken with baby potatoes may be customized to include any veggies that you have on hand. Since I forgot to pick up two medium carrots, I simply omitted them from the recipe. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli, and mushrooms are all good additions.
– Keep leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds, in the air fryer for 5 minutes, or in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit.