* 2 lbs lean ground beef
* 1 white onion, peeled and diced
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano, more to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon dry basil, more to taste
* 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
* 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
* 6 cups water, more to desired consistency
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
* 1 cup celery, sliced
* 1/4 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped
* 1 cup fresh carrot, sliced
* 1 cup white potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
* garlic salt, to taste
* shredded parmesan cheese, to serve
* sour cream, to serve
– Brown ground beef and onion in a large pot. Drain if needed.
– Add spices and onion soup mix.
– Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
– Add the rest of the ingredients up to the potatoes bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until potatoes and carrots are tender about 30 minutes. (Add more water if needed).
– Season to taste with garlic salt.
– Serve with shredded parmesan cheese and sour cream.