This honey butter chicken is sweet, sticky, loaded with flavour and SO easy to make!
- 1.3lb / 600g boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, diced into large bite sized chunks (see notes)
- 1/3 cup / 50g Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH: Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp EACH: Unsalted Butter, Olive Oil
Honey Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup / 110g Honey
- 5 tbsp / 75g / 2.6oz Unsalted Butter, diced into tbsp chunks (see notes)
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine 1/3cup/50g flour with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp onion powder, garlic powder & black pepper. Add in diced chicken and combine until fully coated.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and olive oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, stir it to combine with the oil then add in and space out the chicken. Leave to fry until crispy and deep golden on one side, then flip the pieces and cook the other side until crisp/lightly charred, with the centre piping hot. Remove from pan and turn heat down to medium.
- Melt the remaining 5 tbsp butter into the pan then stir in honey, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and a good pinch of salt and pepper (to taste). Keep stirring over a gentle simmer until the sauce thickens to a thin caramel consistency. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Stir in chicken until it’s fully coated then serve up and enjoy!
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.23g | Protein: 31.14g | Fat: 21.85g | Saturated Fat: 9.438g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.43g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.338g | Trans Fat: 0.033g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 23.82g | Vitamin A: 392IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2.11mg