Lasagna Soup — A MUST TRY!
2. 1 pound lean ground beef or half Italian sausage
3. 1 yellow onion, diced
4. 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
5. ¼ – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
6. 1 24 oz. Jar of RAOS Basil Sauce
7. 8-10 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
8. 1 14 oz. can can crushed tomatoes
9. 2 tablespoons tomato paste
10. 1 tablespoon dried basil
11. 1 tsp EACH dried parsley, dried oregano, salt
12. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
13. 1 whole bay leaf
14. 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces
15. CHEESE GARNISH
16. shredded mozzarella cheese
17. freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
18. ricotta cheese
– Heat large Dutch oven/large soup pot over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
– Add Rao Sauce, 6 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
– Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream (optional) and 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses and parsley