• 2 – 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
• 2-3 large carrots, peeled and diced
• 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces
• 1 tsp. onion powder
• 2 small heads of broccoli (washed and diced small)
• 3 Tbsp. butter
• ⅓ cup flour
• 3½ – 4 cups milk
• 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. garlic pepper
• 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
• In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes and onion powder.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
• Add broccoli, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
While simmering, melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Whisk in flour and cook for one more minute (or until golden brown).
• Whisk in milk and cook for 5 more minutes until sauce thickens.
• Add cheese and stir until melted.
• Add salt and pepper to garlic.
• Pour the cheese sauce into the large saucepan and stir until well combined.
• Add more milk for a thinner consistency if you like a thinner soup and add any additional salt and pepper needed.
• Garnish with bacon bits and serve hot!!!