Assemble this quick and easy bake the night before so it’s ready to pop in the oven for a delicious breakfast come morning! Apple pie filling gets tucked inside cinnamon roll dough with extra cinnamon and sugar for a breakfast bake that’s sure to find its way into your regular breakfast rotation (and your heart!).
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
2cans (17.5 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Cinnamon Rolls with Original Icing (5 Count)
1/4cup butter, melted
1cup apple pie filling with more fruit (from 21-oz can)
1. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix sugar and cinnamon. Remove rolls from cans; cover and refrigerate icing containers. Separate dough into 10 rolls; cut each into 6 pieces. Add roll pieces to large bowl; drizzle with melted butter, tossing to coat.
2. Add half of the roll pieces to bag with sugar and cinnamon mixture; seal and shake to coat pieces, breaking up any large clumps. Remove from bag, and arrange pieces in baking dish. Repeat for remaining dough; discard any remaining sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight (9 to 12 hours).
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove baking dish from refrigerator. In small bowl, add apple pie filling; cut apples into 1-inch pieces with kitchen scissors. Drop 12 tablespoonfuls apple pie filling on top of dough, creating pockets of filling, and spacing about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until dough is baked through in center and deep golden brown around edges. If starting to brown too much, cover with foil last 5 minutes of baking.
5. Cool 10 minutes. In small microwavable bowl, add icing from both containers. Microwave uncovered on High 15 to 20 seconds or until stirred smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle icing on top before serving.