This cheesy Mexican-inspired taco casserole is a quick and easy freezer meal that you can prepare ahead of time and reheat later, For those busy weeknights.
This recipe for Mexican Tortilla Casserole is a terrific make-ahead dish because it not only freezes and reheats well, but it’s also great for entertaining. You may make everything ahead of time and bake it 20 minutes before dinner.
1 lb of ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
taco seasoning (1 pack)
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 refried bean can
1 cup prepared rice
1 can (DRAINED) Mexican blend corn (about 1/2 can)
4-5 flour tortillas, large
8 ounces of chunky salsa (your choice mild or hot)
- Cooking spray a springform pan, a circular cake pan, or a casserole.
- Drain ground meat and onion after browning.
- Cook according to package directions after adding taco ingredients.
- Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of the baking dish and spread 1/3 of the bean mixture on top, then top with 1/3 of the meat and cheese.
- Second tortilla, half the rice, half the salsa, half the corn, and cheese.
- 3rd tortilla layer: 1/3 beans, 1/3 meat, 1/3 cheese.
- four-layer tortilla Beans, beef, corn, rice, salsa, and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Allow for a 5-minute rest before cutting.
- If desired, serve with sour cream, sliced onion, and shredded lettuce after baking.