Who here is looking for an easy homemade pie crust recipe?
I’m sure that would be all of you. I don’t know about you guys and gals but I personally hate how long it takes to make a pie crust. You have to mix all the ingredients, form the dough, mess with it for a few minutes, then wrap and let it rest for who knows how long. THEN, you have to roll it out on your countertop, which leaves a mess, put it into your pie pan, and prebake before filling it. That’s a lot of hassle! Welp, you find any of that labor-intensive hubbub with this recipe.
Pat a Pan pie crust is a very easy crust to make and you can get it done rather quickly in comparison to other crust recipes. You whip up all your ingredients and transfer them directly to the pie plate.
This method is so easy and lets you immediately fill the crust with your pie filling. No prebaking! I know you folks will enjoy this pie crust recipe as much as I do. Happy baking!
There are times when you really want pie, but you really don’t want to go to the trouble of making pie crust. The cutting in of the cubed butter, the systematic spooning of the ice water, flour all over the counters as you work the dough out with a rolling pin… Some days it seems meditative and other days it just seems like a hassle.
Well, this no-fuss crust is never a hassle. There’s no rolling, no cutting in, and it bakes up beautifully.
Here’s How to make it !
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil of your choice
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. Add oil and water and mix until combined. Form into a ball.
4. Press ball of dough into the bottom of prepared pie dish, spreading it out towards the sides. Using your knuckles or the bottom of a glass, push it evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
5. Crimp top edges or flatten with fork tines, fill with favorite filling, and bake according to your pie’s instructions.