Back to Top
- Large bundt pan
- Non-stick spray
- Hand mixer
- Large bowl
- Cream Cheese
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla extract
How To Make The Old Fashioned Pound Cake Recipe From Scratch
- Cream butter and shortening in a large bowl. Add the sugar and continue to cream.
- Add the softened cream cheese and mix again until fluffy.
- Alternate adding the eggs and flour while mixing.
- Finally, add the vanilla and mix.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake for one hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, flip over, and drizzle with icing or frosting. Or, add a dollop of whipped cream.